Big Ice Services can look after all of your ice construction needs
Ice Construction Services:
- Ice Road Construction
- Ice Flooding
- Ice High Pressure Spraying
- Snow Fills
- Snow Making
- Grounded Ice Fills
- Ice Crossing Planning & Design
- Ice GPR Testing
- Heavy Capacity Ice Platforms
- Snow Cats & Plowing
- Snow/Ice Ramps
For the Purposes of:
- Hydro Transmission Line Construction
- Pipeline Construction
- High Capacity Drill Pads (500,000+ lb capacity)
- Ice Roads & Ice Bridges across rivers/streams
- Eco-sensitive Wetlands Crossings
- Bush road snow clearing, and swamp packing
- Bridge Construction & Piling Work
- Ice profiling
- Ice airstrip Construction for Hercules Aircraft or Smaller
We have 3 main machine types that are used for thickening the ice pads or ice roads:
Flood pumps- are very portable and you can use any number of pumps to build larger areas fast. Pads or roads is ideal.
Flood auger- is highly mobile, being towed behind bombardier or truck. This machine can sneak into lakes that only a snowmobile can get into. This is a great unit for road building.
High Pressure Spray rigs- are for thicker pad development, they are significantly heaver than the other 2 options but the ice gain per day is phenomenal. Generally used for high capacity drill pads. Excellent for 24hour operation.
Our fleet of equipment is growing every year.
12 – B-55 Flood pumps capable of pumping approx 450 GPM each
1 – 18″ Diameter Flood auger or test auger capable of drilling 6 feet of ice
3 – High Pressure spray rigs 120HP comes with hydraulic 10′ stroke capable 12″ ice augers
1 – High Pressure spray Rig 180HP comes with hydraulic 10′ stroke capable 12″ ice augers
1 – 22′ Job site trailer with 10KW generator, heat and tools for supporting the B-55 Flood pumps at site.
1 – Plow truck 10′ v-plow
2 – Bombardier Snow Bus for crew or snow packing
1 – Bombardier Muskeg Carrier 6-man cab
1 – BR 275 Bombardier Snow Cat
1 – D3C LGP Caterpillar Dozer with 6-way blade